Thursday, April 17, 2008

Starving Africa Web Video

Here's a web video I created for a class assignment
Starving Africa

I went with the idea of America's obsession with overconsumption. We have food eating contests and world's largest burger contests...the U.S. throws away over 50 billion dollars worth of food every year. Maybe we should put some of this effort to better use because in Africa $7 can feed feed one person for a month, educate 2 children for a school term, save one person's life from malaria, or provide clean water to seven Africans for a year Here's an organizations I find is really worth checking out:

The Mocha Club

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your video. It was one of the ones that stood out the most to me. It was unique and well put together. Good job.

KrystleRose said...

You had a really great idea for your video. I could tell, and I'm sure everyone as well, that you spent a lot of time creating your video.

LC said...

What a great video! It definitely made me think about my consumption. I learned in an ecology class that it would take 4 earths to accommodate the world population if everyone consumed as many resources as an average American does. Keep up the great work!